Sunday, November 07, 2010

Carlos' update from the forest


Carlos is currently back in La Selva, Costa Rica, gathering data for his post-doc project. I really miss the forest (and Carlos too!), but he sends me pictures of what he sees when he is out and about and it is fun to remember La Selva. I plan to go back in February though for a couple of weeks.

The peccaries of course are still all over the place -- Carlos has even seen a really tiny baby that looks just like one that we named Poofles the last time we were there. This is probably Poofles Jr.

Carlos has seen LOTS of cool animals since he has been back -- including this snake in a tree that was trying to intimidate him by whacking its little tail against the tree trunk (kind of like a rattlesnake shakes its rattle). So cute!

I am excited to go back in February for a little while (to scout out things for the project I am writing a fellowship for) and I will also be back for 2 months this summer as professor of the next graduate-level OTS ecology fundamentals course (where we travel all over Costa Rica doing projects in many different habitats).

No comments: