Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cupcakes from Sweet Lobby

A few days ago, Carlos and I stopped by a little pastry shop near Eastern Market called the Sweet Lobby. DC is pretty crazy about cupcakes and I had heard that this one was pretty good (the owners won Cupcake Wars -- a cupcake-making competition on the Food Network) so I thought I would give them a try. Who doesn't love cupcakes!
They had some pretty great flavors and I ended picking out four cupcakes to try: S'mores, Lemon Cream, Strawberry-Champagne, and Red Velvet. They were some of the cutest cupcakes that I had ever seen and I was glad that they were not too big (or expensive). Carlos and I tried the S'mores cupcake first and it was great -- it had a toasted marshmallow top, chocolate cake, and a little graham cracker crust layer on the bottom!
Next was the Lemon Cream (filled with lemon curd) and it was one of my favorites.
I didn't really care for the Strawberry-Champagne cupcake, the cake was too dense for my taste.
The Red Velvet was awesome -- I really liked the not too sweet cream cheese frosting.
I will definitely need to return to check out some of the other cupcake flavors!

No comments: