Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Space shuttle Discovery


Yesterday, Carlos and I walked over to the National Mall to get a good view of the space shuttle Discovery taking its final flight over the mall before heading over to Dulles airport to stay in its new home at the Udvar-Hazy Center. The shuttle was attached to a specially-outfitted 747 plane and it was such a cool thing to see! We arrived at the mall (in front of NMNH) around 9:50 am and that was when we saw our first sighting! A little jet was also flying next to the 747/shuttle. The shuttle made a few loops over the mall and it was really neat (I think I saw it 3-4 times) -- I couldn't get any really good photos with my little point-and-shoot, but I think they turned out OK.

Stay tuned for another blog entry about our family vacation out to the Udvar-Hazy Center (where Discovery will be on display soon).

No comments: