Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Miscellaneous DC things

I was going through some of my old photos to clear out and organize my files and I came across a bunch of pictures of things around DC that I took after my arrival from Costa Rica (about a month ago). When I returned to DC, the cherry blossoms (Prunus yedoensis) were in full bloom -- super-early this year. This year was also the 100th anniversary celebration of the cherry blossom festival (the emperor of Japan gave these trees to the US back in 1912!) and there were lots of fun events to celebrate this event. Carlos and I took advantage of the early blooms and took a picnic lunch to the Senate reflecting pool (near the Capitol) to admire the trees in the sun.
I really like sushi and while in Costa Rica it is nonexistent so I was excited to have some of my favorite sushi rolls at my favorite sushi place (in Union Station) -- here are three rolls: Philadelphia roll, spicy tuna with avocado, and (my favorite) shrimp tempura.
On my first afternoon back in DC, Carlos and I also visited the Art of Video Games exhibit (which we have since visited another three or four times!) this is a super-cool exhibit!

No comments: