Monday, July 09, 2007

On the road again...


Well, it is almost time for me to travel to Mexico for the 2007 ATBC conference! I am pretty excited for this trip and plan on seeing a lot on my free, non-conference days (mostly spent in Mexico City). Tomorrow morning I am taking the bus to San Jose to purchase some travel things (like a small shampoo, etc.) since I am taking only my backpack and it will be a carry-on. Carlos is coming with me as far as San Jose and we are going to stay at a nice hotel and have a good dinner for a "mini-vacation" since he can't come to Mexico with me. I arrive in Mexico City on the early afternoon of the 11th and plan on doing a little shopping (I need nice, non-field clothes for the conference!) and seeing some museums. I love museums! Another goal of mine is to have delicious mexican-style hot chocolate and churros...yumm-mo.

I am packing the last of my things and hoping that I won't forget anything. I think this will be a great trip and my very first time in Mexico! It will serve as both a fun travel opportunity and a learning experience. Hopefully I will get to meet with a lot of knowledgeable scientists to discuss my work and who knows...maybe I can walk away with a post-doc offer or two--HA, that would be fantastic!

I don't know how often I will have access to a computer so I may not have many blog updates during my trip, but I will try to write a new entry here and there while in Mexico. That should do it for now--Chau!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

the churros are the best if you buy them hot from a street vendor (they'll come dipped in sugar, not cinnamon sugar) and good luck with the hot chocolate, it didn't exist where I lived in Mexico . . I'm so jealous! make sure you climb the roof of the cathedral in the central square of Mexico City and enjoy the museums!!!