Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Practice, practice...


Last night at 7:30pm I gave my ATBC talk to about 50 (maybe more) researchers and students at the station. I was pretty nervous but everything went really well. At the tropical biology conference I have a 20 minute block of time to present--15 minutes for the talk and about 5 minutes for questions afterwards. I managed to cram all the information into my alotted time peiod and fielded a LOT of questions! Afterwards, the station director had organized a small reception with snacks and I got to talk with a bunch of people about my research. Everyone seemed really interested in what I am doing and I also received a lot of compliments on my talk and apparent lack of nervousness while presenting. HA! I was super-nervous, but I guess I hid it pretty well. This was great practice for the real thing that I have to give on 19 July--the last day of the conference! Argh, I would rather get it over with early, but my symposium is scheduled for the final day.

I leave for Mexico in one week and I am getting really excited. I have gotten some excellent travel suggestions on must-see sights in Mexico City and Morelia from my friends and family. I am probably the most excited to visit the pyramids of Teotihuacan and Templo Mayor in the city. I am meeting my friend/lab-mate Ana in Mexico City and we will travel to Morelia and go see some sites together. I will post more details as my departure time nears. Chau!

No comments: