Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Kryzpo


I think I’ve mentioned before how the snack options are a little limited here in Costa Rica. The grocery store in Puerto Viejo doesn’t contain many of the brands that you find in the states, but there are a few interesting snack offerings. One snack that I thought I would try was Kryzpo. These chips looked like Pringles knock-offs in a smaller can. The most interesting chip flavor I could find was jamón ahumado (smoked ham). I tried some of these chips and they didn’t taste too bad...just different. They didn’t really taste like what I would think of as smoked ham though; Kryzpo had more of a light BBQ chip flavor -- but really heavy on the salt. I eventually finished the can (due to lack of other snack items, hehe) but I don’t think I will buy these again.

No comments: