Saturday, April 12, 2008

We're back!

Have you ever read the Book We're Back? It was one of my favorite stories as a little kid about dinosaurs who wander around New York -- it's really good.

Anyways, Carlos and I returned from San Jose two days ago, but the internet hasn't been working here so I couldn't make an update. We had a really nice time in the city starting with a delicious dinner and fun party on the night of 8 April for the OTS 45th anniversary celebration. We stayed at a great hotel and ate good meals and played in the mall the following day. We played skee-ball and video games in the mall's arcade before watching a movie -- Vantage Point -- that night then going back to the hotel. We came back to La Selva on Thursday and now I feel a bit more energized after getting away from the monotony here for a little bit. We also turned in permit renewals and bought some supplies in the city before we came home. We had a great time and were pretty busy, but it was fun. I will post some pictures in the next post once I get more caught up on e-mail things (and before the internet probably conks out again!).

2 comments:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

How was vantage point? They filmed it in Puebla, Mexico when I was there in 2006. I remember car crashes and lots of people covered in blood. I always meant to check the movie out . . . but now only if you say it is worth watching. ;-)

Goombella said...

Vantage Point was a fun movie -- definitely theatre-worthy in my opinion. It had a great car chase and lots of action. It was a fairly predictable plot (except for some twists) but was good fun. I recommend it. I totally thought that it was filmed in Spain! That is really cool that you were in Puebla when they were shooting it. Radical!