Wednesday, October 28, 2009

DC -- National Museum of American History


One of the big Smithsonian museums that I had not visited previously (with my honor society in Alaska during the 8th grade) was the National Museum of American History. During my junior high trip we had to choose: either visit the American History Museum or the Natural History Museum. Of course I chose the Natural History Museum (and it remains my favorite), but I still felt like I had missed something. Now was my chance to see all of the cool artifacts that others had talked about.

The highlights of my visit to this museum were: Old Glory (the huge flag that inspired the writing of "The Star-spangled Banner"), the science exhibits, Julia Child's kitchen, Kermit the Frog, and the ruby slippers. I didn't get to see a few things, but I definitely feel that I saw the main attractions here. I only visited this museum once during my trip, but it was a great visit and I got to see lots of nice things!

No comments: