Sunday, November 01, 2009

DC -- National Air and Space Museum


Probably my second-favorite of the Smithsonian museums (that I've visited so far, at least!) is the National Air and Space Museum! I ended up visiting this museum twice during my DC visit and there is more than enough to see and do for at least a week here.

My favorite half of the museum is the space-oriented side (the museum is two floors, with half of the museum devoted to exhibits on space travel and the other half concerning air travel). I really enjoyed the Apollo exhibits -- except for the stuffed Rhesus monkey (Able) strapped to his rocket chair, BOO. I did enjoy seeing all of the moon-sampling gadgetry, space suits, and space food that the Apollo astronauts had on their various missions to the moon.

I also really enjoyed seeing the Wright Brothers' plane, Amelia Earhart's plane, a Mars Rover, and a secret jet-plane called the Dark Star. There are a lot of interesting exhibits here, but there are also usually a lot of people!

PS. November is National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) in which I have participated before. I might try again to post on the blog every day for the month of November -- I still have a LOT of stuff from DC to talk about!

No comments: