Thursday, October 01, 2009

Washington DC planning

I have a little over a week until I head off to Washington DC for a vacation with Carlos and a reunion with my former college roommates – I’m so excited! I’ve only been to DC once before (in the 8th grade for an Honor Society field trip all the way from Alaska), but I remember it being lots of fun. I will have about 9 days in DC to tour around and visit the collections in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History; there is a lot that I want to see and do in and around the city. Some things on my itinerary so far:

• Smithsonian Natural History Museum
• Smithsonian American History Museum
• Freer Gallery
• American Indian Museum
• National Air and Space Museum
• Hirshorn Museum
• National Gallery of Art
• Sculpture Garden
• Eastern Market
• National Archives
• Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Lincoln Memorial
• Vietnam Memorial
• Jefferson Memorial
• FDR Memorial
• Korean War Memorial
• Arlington National Cemetery
• Capitol Building
• Library of Congress
• National Botanic Garden
• Washington Monument
• White House
• Union Station
• National Zoo

Maybe this is a little ambitious…?

I will have 6 days in DC with Carlos and about 3 full days with my UCSB (University of California – Santa Barbara) friends. We will also be making a little trip down to Norfolk, Virginia to visit with Rena – the only one of the SB gang that couldn’t make it up to DC. I am super excited to have a little getaway with Carlos, see all the museums in DC, and hang out with friends I (mostly) haven’t seen for 6.5 years!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Rena's in Hampton now, FBI is closed indefinitely, and you should check out Roosevelt Island if you and Carlos have some day time exploring. It's a short walk from Rosslyn (in the potomac between Rosslyn and Georgetown). Can't wait to see you!