Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Washington -- Redmond Farmer's Market


While home, I went to the local Redmond Farmer's Market a couple of times with my family -- this is such a great and convenient market! The market is held on the weekends and local growers bring their produce to the market to sell. A wide variety of fruits and vegetables abound at really great prices. Some things we bought: tomatillos, corn, jalapeƱos, lemon cucumbers, and pear tomatoes. There are also some places here to buy lunch, crafts, cheeses, and bread. I really wish there was a nice farmer's market near where I live here in Miami, but there is only a lame expensive one far away that is filled with yuppies and you have to pay for parking -- BOO. At least I could enjoy the Redmond Farmer's Market a couple of times while I was up in Washington!

No comments: