Thursday, August 25, 2011

Austin, TX - Part 3

Here are a few pictures from Austin showing the conference side of things (it was after all the main reason we were in town!):

Carlos gave his talk in a DNA barcoding symposium on the first full day of the conference. It was a great talk and it's always nice to get presentations over with early in the conference!

I presented my poster a little later in the week and it went really well! It was very popular and I spent the entire two hours chatting with interested/interesting people!

The message boards at ESA are always a great place to find and share extremely important ecological information -- for example, did you know that shrimp are delicious?

After presenting my poster, a bunch of OTS and La Selva alums joined Carlos and me for martini happy hour and cheese plate at Brown Bar -- it was a fun group!

I think I just have one more update about Austin and then I can move on to Maine (and finally more current stuff that I have been up to since returning to DC!)~

No comments: