Saturday, August 20, 2011

Two wedding paintings


Here are a couple more arty things that I completed a looong time ago, but I can only now blog about because I finally gave them to their recipients. Both of these paintings are watercolors: the top one was a wedding gift for my friend Christina and the bottom one was a wedding gift/3-year anniversary gift for my friend Jennifer!

Christina's painting is of a weedy sea dragon -- she requested an underwater painting and I really like these little guys. It also reminded me of a time when Christina and I visited the Monterrey Bay Aquarium and saw leafy sea dragons!

Jennifer's painting is of the foothills of Santa Barbara -- complete with a garden of sticks! We would always see scenes like this when we were going to UCSB and I really like the way the colors turned out!

1 comment:

Jubie said...

These are gorgeous! And way better than getting a toaster for your wedding, for sure. :)