Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sonoma for Restaurant Week

It is Restaurant Week once again here in DC (lots of really good restaurants offer affordable prix fixe meals for lunch and dinner) and, as usual, Carlos and I ventured out to try a new restaurant.  We chose Sonoma for lunch on Monday and it was really, really nice!  For about $20 each, we were able to choose three courses for our meals.  We also had a wine flight of three white wines, which were tasty and refreshing.


For my meal I chose the cheese board, uovo pizza (with arugula, burrata, fancy bacon, and an EGG!), and goat cheesecake.  Carlos had the charcuterie board, grilled trout, and blueberry cake.  We both really liked out meals and agreed that the cheese, charcuterie, and pizza were the standouts.





We ended up eating far too much food, but it was all delicious.  Sonoma isn't too far from our house (it's pretty close to Eastern Market, up Pennsylvania Ave.) so we will definitely be back to enjoy more cheese, charcuterie, and wine!

1 comment:

Christina said...

LOVE Sonoma! This is where Marc took me for my birthday when I tried Humboldt Fog for the first time. Awesome!