Thursday, February 19, 2009

Asian snacks -- Cream Collon

While I was home in Washington for Christmas, my mom, Carlos, and I managed to brave the ice and snow to visit one of my favorite stores -- Uwajimaya. Uwajimaya is basically a huge Asian market with lots of fresh food (seafood, produce, and little food court), Craft supplies, trinkets, and lots of grocery items. Of course, whenever I visit, I stock up on Asian snacks. Since I took pictures of all the snacks I got, I thought I would write a little about each one in "Asian snack-themed" posts -- I love snacks...probably more than meals!


To start, here is one of my favorite cookies -- Cream Collon. Despite the weird name, these tubular vanilla cream-filled cookies are delicious. They have crunchy cookie outsides filled with fluffy vanilla innards. I always get these if I see them in stores. I think there are other flavors of Cream Collon (like chocolate) which I haven't tried, but are probably just as delicious as the vanilla flavor.

No comments: