Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Christmas in Washington


After our little pre-vacation vacation in Las Vegas, Carlos and I arrived in Seattle on the night before Christmas. The weather was still really horrible, so we relaxed with my mom and dad at home for most of the time that I was in Redmond. The snow was the most I think I had ever seen in Washington and it stuck around for the whole remainder of the time we were there.

While at home I played Wii (yay, I got it from Santa Claus), ate delicious food, and played with Remington (or Remlington as I like to call him). He is really nice and loveable despite some bad habits and he really reminds me of Sierra -- which makes me both happy and sad. This was the first Christmas I had at home since all the animals were gone and I really missed them a lot.


My mom, Carlos, and I ventured out to go to Uwajimaya to buy Japanese snacks and Crossroads mall for lunch. We ate at a really nice little Pho noodle place and then wandered around Half Price Books for a while. We weren’t able to get to Seattle (we planned on visiting the zoo and I was going to meet my friend Molly in Capitol Hill) due to the weather, but I will probably be back in town this summer for my high school reunion.


I had a nice, though slightly shorter than anticipated, time in Washington with my family. From there my mom, dad, Carlos, and I piled into the car with all our stuff to drive down to Las Vegas to meet up (again for Carlos and me!) with my sister for a belated Christmas celebration.

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Mmmm Pho and I can't believe it's time for high school reunions . . .