Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Vegas adventure -- Part 2


After two somewhat harrowing days on the road (the mountains in Oregon were particularly traumatizing), my mom, dad, Carlos, and I arrived in Las Vegas to visit my sister. Carlos and I stayed with my sister again while my mom and dad stayed in a super-deluxe-fabulous suite in the Paris (which was really, really cheap since we were there in the lowest of the low season -- woo-hoo!).

Some highlights of the trip included:
• Meeting up with my friend Christina from college one afternoon (after not seeing each other for 5 years!)
• Zooming up to the top of the Stratosphere just before sunset and staying there until after the sunset to see the strip at night (great views)
• Beating the house (I came out $1.25 ahead!)
• Getting a behind-the-scenes tour of the pastry kitchen in the Paris (compliments of my sister)
• Eating 5 free fancy French desserts from the Paris cafĂ© from the chef for Carlos’ birthday
• Finding a Dippin’ Dots store and having root beer-flavored ice cream of the future


I had a really fun time in Las Vegas with my family! My mom and dad flew back to Washington the day before Carlos and I hit the road back to Miami. More on that road trip in the next post!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

I'm so glad we had a chance to catch up! Next time we'll have to double date ;-)

Start thinking about when you might be able to make a trip up to Virginia. I am trying to convince the West coast girls to come out for a reunion with the east coast girls.