Friday, February 20, 2009

Asian snacks -- Fruitery Jellies


For today's Asian snack review, I will talk about Fruitery Jellies -- a gelatin-like substance made from the plant Amorphophallus konjac. I have liked these konnyaku jellies ever since I was little. My friend would bring these (thought not this brand) in her lunch and share them with me. These jellies are slimy, sweet little fruit-flavored treats. These snacks used to be smaller and more cork-shaped, but people would choke on them so konnyaku jellies are now made in larger, less easily choked on sizes.

The Fruitery Jellies I got from Uwajimaya didn't come in as many flavors as I'd hoped, but all tasted familiar. I sampled pineapple, apple, and grape. Not as good as other types of konnyaku jellies I've had, but not bad!

No comments: