Friday, May 22, 2009

Swimming

I have kicked off the summer with a new workout regime -- I am swimming every day! I paid my UM wellness center fee for the summer on Monday and I have been swimming in the natatorium there ever since. I swim for 30-35 minutes and then spend 5 minutes in the jacuzzi afterwards. It is really fun and I realize that I have missed swimming a lot. I especially like it since the water is cool and you don't sweat while working out!

One problem is that there are LOTS of people that are swimming here over the summer too. I am pretty surprised by this since I thought campus would be dead while regular classes are not in session. Usually I go to the gym in the morning, but I have been trying various times later in the day to see if the lanes are less crowded. Woo-hoo for swimming!

No comments: