Monday, September 07, 2009

Germany -- Day 15, Frankfurt again

After returning from Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Carlos and I had one final night in Frankfurt before we had to leave for Miami early the next morning. To pass our time in the big city, we visited the downtown area again to see the Goethe Museum. This museum mostly highlighted the artistic influences on Goethe and I was a little disappointed that there was no mention of his scientific contributions -- only his poetry and art were discussed. Goethe’s house was also on display and while it was more interesting than the museum, I was still a little let down by the pure focus on Goethe’s poetry and plays.

After visiting the Goethe Museum, Carlos and I stopped at a nearby sweet store where we bought two small macarons: raspberry and pistachio. I had wanted to try macarons for a long time and they were pretty good! I especially liked the pistachio one (Carlos preferred the raspberry).

We relaxed for the rest of the day and packed our bags. The next morning we got up early, walked to the Hauptbahnhof, purchased our train tickets, and rode the S-bahn to the airport.

Well, this FINALLY brings my Germany journal to an end. I had a really great time visiting this beautiful country. I know I will be able to visit again and see all of the amazing places that I didn’t have time to see during this trip!

No comments: