Saturday, September 12, 2009

Washington -- Crossroads & Uwajimaya


One of the first places I visited after returning home to Washington was Uwajimaya -- an amazing Asian food and craft market that is one of my favorite stores near Redmond. I always stock up on Asian snacks there and I just love to look at all the goodies. I bought a few Asian snacks there which I will talk about in later "Asian snacks"-themed posts -- woo-hoo!

In the neighborhood, mom, Shannon, Carlos, and I continued our adventure to Crossroads mall. The main draws of Crossroads are a Half Price Books (excellent discount used book store) and the food court. The food court is always packed with people and the choices available for lunch are sometimes overwhelming: Thai, American BBQ, Vietnamese, Mexican, Japanese, Italian, Soup...etc. I decided to get a chicken Pho noodle soup (so good, but HUGE!), mom had Vietnamese noodle salad, Shannon had a tostada, and Carlos ate some BBQ. After stuffing ourselves, we visited the bookstore and Old Navy. Before leaving, I also had a watermelon smoothie from a boba drink place. This smoothie was really good -- made with fresh watermelon; it was so fresh and creamy. I will definitely try another smoothie from here in the future!

We had a fun time on our excursion and we also visited Trader Joe's before returning home. It is really fun to visit all of these places in Washington since they don't exist anywhere near where I live in Miami; I think the nearest Trader Joe's might be in Durham, North Carolina!

No comments: