Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm back!

Whew! I just got back to La Selva late last night after a VERY full day of traveling. I must say, it is great to be back in the rain forest. Miami was fun, but not as nice as here. I accomplished a lot while I was back in the states, but I am excited to get back to work in the field with my seeds and animals. I was super-busy in Miami, running around trying to get everything done in 6 days. I definitely enjoyed some junk food while I was there and I had some really tasty sushi (shrimp tempura roll is good!). I watched DVDs from the library at night and worked on data entry, manuscript revisions, and committee member meetings during the days. I also visited a mall, Whole Foods, Target, and Best Buy (using crappy Miami public transportation). It was a nice diversion and an easy way to renew my visa, but it is great to be back in Costa Rica. I will post some pictures from Miami in another post once I am organized and unpacked.

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Pictures! We like pictures! So glad to hear you are back safe and sound. Today I walked to the frozen custard store for lunch only to find it's closed until Feb 8th! Booo! It's the curse of the dietitian, even when I want to eat unhealthy I can't. :-)