Monday, January 14, 2008

My new watch


I just got a new watch! I ordered it online and had it sent to my friend Arietta in the states to bring down with her to La Selva. She arrived a couple days ago and gave me my radical new time-keeper! I really like it, even though I can't work all the functions yet. I still haven't read the gargantuan user's manual to figure out all the settings (and there are LOTS of things this watch can do -- it can even store names and phone numbers...crazy!). I thought to get a fluorescent pink watch so that it would be hard to misplace and easy to find if it falls off in the water or in the forest. I was without a watch for a couple of weeks after our vacation in Arenal where a hot spring ate my previous watch. Admittedly, that watch was in pretty sad shape before being devoured by bubbles, but it was really hard for me to be without a watch! What can I say, I'm a sucker for punctuality.

No comments: