Monday, May 12, 2008

Back in paradise

I am back in Costa Rica (I got back on Friday early and finally made it to La Selva a couple of bus and taxi rides later in the afternoon). I must say, it is really great to be back. Miami was OK, but pretty boring and uneventful. I made some heavy decisions about my next semester and it looks like I will be able to stay in Costa Rica until Christmas. I got a few fellowships that will let me stay here to write (with no teaching obligations). That should put me on track/ahead of the game as far as writing my dissertation and graduating next year. It is so weird that the ends of my experiments are within sight.

I am really glad that I will be able to stick around in the rain forest for another few months -- it is so great here and I will miss the forest so much when I eventually get back to Miami. This also means that my parents will be able to visit me in Costa Rica (a second time for my mom)!

2 comments:

Jubie said...

Hey, I'm glad you are back in Costa Rica. And congrats on being able to stay til the end of the year (without teaching too - yay!)

How long do you have to stay in Miami when you are all done? Hopefully not too long, right? (Florida is icky poo.)

Goombella said...

Woo-hoo, I will only have a few months of Miami-living when I am done here. Annoying, but tolerable -- the people there are just the WORST!