Saturday, May 24, 2008

Vanilla caramel tea


One treat that I really wanted to bring back to Costa Rica from the US was tea (for my breakfasts). I could only get to Whole Foods and Target to look for tea while in Miami (since I don’t have a car there right now). Whole Foods had a really sad collection of teas (which surprised me) whereas Target had better assortment.

I ended up choosing this tea by Lipton: Vanilla Caramel Truffle. This is a black tea with a strong vanilla and caramel flavor -- I really like it! The tea leaves are also really cutely enclosed within a pyramidal bag -- this shape apparently allows more flavor from the tea to diffuse into the water while steeping.

2 comments:

Jubie said...

Oh, those triangle bags are so much better than the other kind. That Vanilla Caramel looks delish!

Hey, did I tell you that AK is finally getting a Target? Two, actually. We're big time now. :)

Goombella said...

Yea -- pyramids are way cooler than rectangles in the tea department. Woo-hoo for the Target(s) in AK...about time!