Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dark Mayan Chocolate drink

While I was back in the states, I managed to pick up a few "luxury items" (i.e. items that are nonexistent in Costa Rica). Among these, I brought back some teas and drinks for breakfast. I will talk about the tea in another post, but I tried this Dark Mayan Chocolate drink for the first time this morning.
It is an instant coffee/hot chocolate drink -- basically a powder that I dissolved in hot milk. It was pretty good! When it was cooking, the smell reminded me of something familiar, but I couldn't quite figure it out. After trying a sip it hit me -- it smells and tastes just like a Disneyland churro! Weird, but it made me really nostalgic for our family trips to Disneyland (and the Mexico pavillion in EPCOT). What an interesting but tasty morning drink!

4 comments:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Congratulations on the paper!! That's so exciting. And as a reward I am going to bring back your favorite TV show, the Mole, on June 2nd (ABC). Can you watch it online down in Costa Rica?

Goombella said...

Thanks dude! Woo-hoo -- the MOLE!! Are you going to watch? I have to see if the TV here on station (there is one in the researchers' lounge) can get ABC. I remember eating Jelly Bellys and watching this back in the day...ah, memories...

MCK said...

Wow--Disneyland Churros??!?!? I have got to get my mits on this! I can't wait to sip slowly from my cup in my silky bathrobe, hair touseled, imagining a soft focus, pink camera lens bringing me back to the crispy churro crusts of my childhood. And then I will throw up on Space Mountain.

Goombella said...

Yea, Space Mountain can be a little barf-worthy at times...it's much better to go on the Indiana Jones Ride instead!