Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Crafty-ness


I feel like it's been a while since I've written a new blog entry. Since things here in the rain forest are still more of the same (planting seeds, tracking seeds, hoarding seeds, digging them up...SEEDS!), I thought I would write a little bit about the stuff I do at night to unwind from my tiring days in the field. As you all know, I got a book entitled "The Cute Book" from my mom for my birthday a couple weeks back and this book shows you how to make really CUTE animals out of felt (with patterns and instructions) -- feel the cutiness vibe they say. I really like this book and have made a couple of things out of it (bear and squirrel) but it has also inspired me to make different things out of felt that aren't in the book. At night I work on these little felt things while watching a movie and they have turned out pretty nice! So far I have sewn: a glacier bear, squirrel, apatosaurus, ebi sushi, and kitsune fox with a red scarf! This is a really fun craft to do at night before going to bed. I will take some pictures soon and upload them...my next project is going to be an agouti!

-- UPDATE: I have added a picture of all the felt critters I have made: starting from the top: blue seahorse, kitsune fox with red scarf, glacier bear, goomba, squirrel, ebi sushi, and apatosaurus in the middle! --

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

I was beginning to worry that the army ant cleaning crew had taken you away as well! Glad to hear it's just he cute felt animals, they seem a lot less dangerous. Can't wait to see pics!