Sunday, October 14, 2007

Paku!


I just scanned a bunch of pages from my new Moleskine sketchbook and thought I would post one for your viewing pleasure. Heehee.

PS. I just found this funny/weird cartoon show on YouTube called Yakitate Japan and it is an anime about a kid with "solar hands" that is a really good bread baker. His hands are warm and provide the perfect temperature for yeast fermentation (?!). His goal is to make the perfect bread that defines Japan -- made by Japan FOR Japan! Woo-hoo, anyway it is really entertaining and weird.

PPS. "Paku!" is the sound made when a horse chomps on a piece of delicious baguette bread (in case you did not know this).

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

That cartoon sounds wicked cool! If it's a popular cartoon in Japan I guess that just goes to show how much westernization is occuring. I at least hope it's whole wheat bread . . . ;-)