Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas travel planning

I will be staying in Costa Rica for Christmas this year and this will be my first Christmas away from home and my family. I am really going to miss everyone and it will be weird to not be in a cold/seasonal place for the holidays! I am going to take a break from working though -- Carlos and I have just made reservations in a nice hotel in the town of La Fortuna. Fortuna is about 3 hours away (by bus) and is a nice little town situated at the base of an active volcano: Volcan Arenal. We have been there before (back in September 2006) and it was great! There are gorgeous hot springs and waterfalls to hike. The hotel we will be staying at is pretty posh (for our hostel-level standards!) and has cable, air conditioning, a pool, and jacuzzi! We will leave Puerto Viejo on 24 December and come back on the 27th. We will probably spend a full day at one of the hot spring parks (probably the 25th) and spend the rest of our time relaxing. This will be the first vacation I've had for a while. I think the last time I took a break was in July when I visited Mexico (and even then I was pretty busy!) so this will be fun. Carlos and I don't even take weekends off here!

No comments: