Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sad

I am feeling pretty sad right now because yesterday I talked to my parents and learned that our dog Sierra passed away the night before. It feels like we lost a member of our family. She was over 15 years old, which is extraordinary for a large dog (most German Shorthair Pointers don’t live to see 11). I know that she had a very happy life and she was not in any pain -- it all happened very suddenly. I had known Sierra for the majority of my life. All of our animals are getting very old so this was inevitable, but it is still really hard to deal with when it actually happens.


I also still miss little Tiffy our Siamese kitty who died a few months ago. She was 18 (I think -- it’s hard to keep track after a while!) and she is also very much missed. Tyler is still alive and kicking and now he needs lots of extra attention since his buddies are gone. I just thought I would let everyone know so that you can understand if I neglect this blog for a few days or if I sound a little less than upbeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss the little fluffies...and why does Tiffy have a duck on her?