Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 round-up

Here is a little photo mosaic of notable things I've seen and done this year:

Woo-hoo, I did a lot in 2007! I was based in Costa Rica for the entire year (and still will be until this summer) working on my dissertation, which is pretty much a 24/7 job. I made a couple of trips back to Miami this year to update my advisor and committee on my progress here. My advisor also traveled to Costa Rica for a few days to see what I’m doing firsthand. In July I took a trip to Mexico to present my research in the palm seed dispersal and predation symposium at the 2007 annual meeting of the Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation. I helped a dazed and confused sloth. I took care of and played with a cute (though slightly inflated) wiener dog named Salchichita until she moved to the city. My mom and her friend Judy came to La Selva for a visit in September and we had a great time seeing the forest and celebrating my 26th birthday. I got to meet Jane Goodall -- one of my childhood heroes. Thanksgiving at La Selva was a really extravagant affair filled with friends, fireworks, and food! And finally, Carlos and I spent Christmas in La Fortuna, soaking in the hot springs, eating good food, and relaxing for once!

I hope that 2008 will be just as great if not more so. I will be finishing up data collection, driving across the USA, teaching, writing my dissertation and submitting papers for publication, and hopefully traveling to a couple of conferences to present my research and start inquiring about post-docs. ¡Feliz año!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

A toast to you and a prosperous new year! Looking forward to our upcoming reunion and whatever else 2008 has in store!