Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sketch post -- Day 4

Today we have two sketches for the price of one (one is a re-run though)...these are sketches of some 8-bit and 16-bit characters from two of my favorite Nintendo games.

I've talked about Mega Man before, but Ness (the other character) comes from a little-known game on the Super Nintendo called EarthBound. This is my absolute favorite video game of all time! It is an RPG about a boy (Ness) and his 3 friends (Paula, Jeff, and Poo) who set out to save the world from an evil power (Giygyas). This game is really fun and very quirky. It has a pretty significant cult following, but the game was not very successful for Nintendo commercially so there are no sequels in the US. I still have my original game and SNES console back home and play it every now and again. If you like Super Nintendo RPGs you should definitely give EarthBound a play!

No comments: