Thursday, November 12, 2009

400th post! DC -- Capitol


(Wow, this is the 400th post I have made on this little blog!)

Anyway, continuing my adventures in DC...I toured the Capitol with my UCSB friends after Carlos had gone home. The tour was surprisingly fun and informative! My favorite part of the tour was (of course) the rotunda and all of the paintings and statues there -- we learned lots of interesting trivia about this part of the Capitol. After the rotunda, we also visited both sides of the Capitol: the House and the Senate, but I didn't see any important people...they must hate all the tourists!

I liked the Capitol building and I would definitely recommend the (free) tour to everyone -- it lasts for ~ 1 hour.

On a different note, I am almost done with my Washington DC posts -- I have just one thing more to talk about which I will post tomorrow!

No comments: