Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DC -- Museum of the American Indian


I really liked the Museum of the American Indian -- it had a unique external and internal design along with some nice rock fountains outside. Carlos and I visited this museum a couple of times, but it was too crowded during our first visit so we didn't stay long. The second time around, we got to spend lots of time wandering around and seeing all of the exhibits.

I especially liked the exhibits of animal-shaped artifacts and the exhibits describing the lives of the South American native tribes (e.g. Quechua, Nazca, Moche, various Amazon groups). The museum also contained a very elaborate and informative exhibit that I liked about the Spanish Conquest of the Americas.

Though I like other Smithsonian museums better, the Museum of the American Museum was relatively quiet (during our second visit at least!) with interesting many artifacts to view and informative exhibits to learn from.

No comments: