Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Slow loris painting


My friend Molly sends me post-cards (which is so awesome -- I love receiving snail mail other than bills!). A little while back, she sent me a post-card with sign-language on the front spelling out "I am a slow loris T-shirt." Molly thought I would appreciate this since I likely knew what a slow loris was -- and I do! They are cute and cool mammals (primates) from Southeast Asia with huge eyes and slow, calculated movements. They were actually one of my favorite animals in the Woodland Park Zoo's nocturnal house, but the last time I was there, they were gone! Oh yea, these guys are also one of the few venomous mammals out there so don't let their cute "slow" exteriors lull you into complacency -- they can actually kill you with a bite!

Anyway, I sent Molly back this postcard I made with a slow loris drawing/painting -- he's eating a banana!

No comments: