Sunday, November 08, 2009

DC -- National Gallery of Art


After wandering the Hirshorn museum, I walked across the mall to the National Gallery of Art to quickly visit the French Impressionists before meeting back up with Carlos for lunch. The building was really impressive and pretty -- both on the outside and inside!

I didn't have much time to spend here, but I located the French Impressionism collection within this HUGE gallery and looked at all of the beautiful paintings. I took a few pictures of everything then found the gift shop.

I really liked the shop here -- there were lots of interesting and diverse goodies and I managed to find something for myself (a red squirrel illustration) and something for my sister (art postcards by Wayne Thiebaud).

After my whirlwind tour of the museum, I walked back to the Natural History Museum to find Carlos. I really wish that I had more time to spend at the gallery because there seem to be lots of beautiful pieces there -- next time!

No comments: