Friday, November 13, 2009

DC -- Foods

I ate some delicious things while I was in DC, but as with most vacations -- after a while I just wanted to drink some milk and eat some lettuce! I don't really like eating out for every meal, but there was a lot of variety in DC and Rosslyn. Here are some of the highlights:

The first place I ate after I arrived, Ray's Hell Burger -- super crowded but really delicious burgers (and draft root beer!):

Carlos and I walked to Good Stuff Eatery one afternoon (it's near the Capitol and Eastern Market). This is where I had my favorite food item of the trip -- a toasted marshmallow milkshake -- with 2 toasted marshmallows on top too! Oh yea, the burgers and fries were also really good.

I had a fresh arugula, roma tomato, and ricotta pizza at a place called Piola just a couple of blocks from our hotel:

Carlos and I had an afternoon snack of chai and ginger scones at a place called Teaism near the FBI building. We even sat next to an indoor koi pond!

Breakfast in Eastern Market at Le Pain Quotidienne -- I had a Belgian hot chocolate where you pour the liquid chocolate into the foamy milk:

Carlos and I had our first ever fancy, multi-course meal in Dupont Circle at a restaurant called Vidalia. I had grilled endives with apple fritter and blue cheese, mushroom risotto, and a Mississippi mud cake with root beer ice cream for dessert. It was nice, but I don't really like this style of eating -- too formal!

While walking in the freezing rain with a couple of my UCSB buddies, we ducked into a sandwich and soup place called Potbelly since it looked warm. I bought a really warm, melty mushroom and cheese sandwich -- the sandwiches at this chain are great and cheap!

...and that is all for my Washington DC posts! I am finally finished chronicling my adventures there. I had a really great time and love practically everything about this city that I saw -- I can't wait to go back! Now I have to find something else to blog about...

1 comment:

Jubie said...

Oh, that pizza looks awesome!