Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving -- which means I don't have to teach - yahoo! Anyways, Carlos and I are just making a few tasty things that my family usually makes (and some things we usually don't make). Since it's just the two of us (plus our friend Orou), we will make:

• A maple ham instead of turkey -- it was cheaper, smaller, and we both like ham better than turkey

• Mashed potatoes

• Sweet potato casserole (with mini marshmallows and everything)

• Cranberry sauce -- the can-shaped kind

• Salad

That's about it, we also have some wine/beer and we will listen to Manheim Steamroller Christmas music and Lord of the Rings soundtracks as per tradition. Even though I can't spend this holiday with the rest of my family, I will be able to see everyone again soon for Christmas!

No comments: