Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Garden lettuce


Carlos and I have quite a little garden going on out on our balcony. We re-planted things after coming back from Germany and Washington trips this past summer. The summers here in Miami are really too hot to grow anything (tomatoes do especially bad) but now that the weather is cooling off, things are really starting to grow and fruit! I will do a more detailed post later of all the things that we have growing out there, but I will talk about my little lettuce garden today.


I am growing some bibb lettuce (from seed) in a little window box and all of the little planties are doing great! Carlos and I regularly harvest the big leaves for salads and sandwiches. There isn't enough growing to make a full salad, but I add the bibb to iceberg lettuce. This lettuce tastes really good on it's own and it is pretty fun to grow things and eat them!

No comments: