Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving aftermath


Yesterday, I had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving with Carlos and Orou. I talked to my mom, dad, and sister on the phone and I am getting excited to see everyone in December!

We had a pretty early dinner consisting of maple ham (it was delicious and sweet!), mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, and sliced, from-the-can cranberry sauce. We had some authentic Colombian beer and sangria to drink with our food -- it all turned out really nice and didn't even take very long to make!

During dinner we chatted and listened to Manheim Steamroller Christmas tunes and the Lord of the Rings soundtracks -- this is tradition! After stuffing ourselves, Orou went home and Carlos and I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation while digesting and snoozing. We spent the rest of the day relaxing, I played a little Wii (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask -- more tradition here!), and taking a break.

This morning, we braved the crazed hordes of shoppers and visited Target (to buy a $20 DVD player since ours recently broke) and Best Buy. We found our DVD player and also bought the Goonies DVD for $4 -- woo-hoo bargains! Today we will take it easy but I do have to prepare for a committee meeting on Monday. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving~

1 comment:

Jubie said...

I like your guys traditions -- Zelda and Lord of the Rings!