Friday, July 11, 2008

Food 11 -- Meme

My fellow blogging friend tagged me to answer the following meme and since it is semi-food related, I thought it would work for today's post!

What was I doing ten years ago?
In the summer of 1998, I had just finished my favorite and most challenging year of high school (junior year) at Eastlake. I was probably excited about passing all of my AP tests (I took 3 that year and received grades of 4’s or 5’s on all of them) -- free college credit! I was also probably thinking about what college I would go to after the next year.

What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
1. Work on the logo for the 2010 Frugivory and Seed Dispersal conference
2. Contact hotels in Cartagena
3. NaBloPoMo post on Rowdy Mouse
4. Make dinner
5. Continue writing dissertation (OK, that’s technically work...but I can’t think of anything else that isn’t work-related!)

Five Snacks I Enjoy:
1. Cheese and baguette
2. Dill pickles
3. Triscuits with tuna and relish
4. Pretzels
5. Jelly Belly jelly beans

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Travel EVERYWHERE!
2. Figure out a permanent place to live and build my dream house (with a gigantic library/office)
3. Buy tons of rain forest land (in New and Old World tropics) and start a huge animal reserve
4. Buy new houses for my parents and sister too

Places I have lived:

1. Fountain Valley, CA
2. Anchorage, AK
3. Redmond, WA
4. Isla Vista (Goleta), CA
5. Miami, FL
6. Puerto Viejo Sarapiqui, Costa Rica

Jobs I have had:

1. Retail worker/cashier, Mervyn’s
2. Zoo Ambassador (guide), Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle
3. Animal Care Aide, Santa Barbara Zoo
4. Assistant curator at the Museum of Systematics (Botany collection) at UC -- Santa Barbara
5. Teaching assistant (Introductory Biology labs) at the University of Miami
6. Research assistant on Everglades and Canaveral National Seashore small mammal trapping projects
7. Graduate student (currently), University of Miami

People who should post this:
Since I only know one other person who has a blog (and she tagged me!), anyone with a blog who is reading this can consider themselves tagged!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! New house for me!! :)

Goombella said...

You get...a gingerbread house! Nom nom.

Anonymous said...

But I don't want a gingerbread house. I had to make hundreds of them last year...and I have to do it again this year. NOOOOOOOO! :p

Goombella said...

Heehee, OK you can have a non-edible house since you have post-traumatic gingerbread stress issues. :)