Friday, July 04, 2008

Food 4 -- Chicken salad sandwiches

Happy Fourth of July to all of my USA compatriots!

Anyway, last night I had a really delicious dinner and, since I remembered to bring my camera home (I rarely do), I took pictures. Carlos and I made chicken salad sandwiches, but the best part of these sandwiches isn’t the chicken -- it’s the accompanying fixings!


We had some baguette-like bread saved so we used that instead of the plain white Bimbo brand (yup, that’s the brand of the bread here). First, we boiled some chicken, shredded it, and added a little mayonnaise. I sliced up onions, tomatoes, and (the best part) avocado for our sandwiches. I also added some sliced cheddar cheese to mine.


Once everything was ready, I piled everything together and voila -- delicious sandwich!

No comments: