Friday, July 25, 2008

Food 25 -- Cartagena foods

I have only 13 more days until I go to Cartagena, Colombia! I am really excited and have spent a bit of my free time doing research on the things that I would like to see and do there (I love researching my travels!). Carlos and I will be there for 10 days (woo-hoo a REAL vacation!) and we will have plenty of time to see everything that Cartagena and its surroundings have to offer.

Keeping with the food theme of this month's posts, here are some foods that I would like to eat in Cartagena:

- Arepa con queso (flattened cooked sweet corn cake filled with cheese)
- Crepes and waffles (at the logically-named restaurant chain Crepes & Waffles. According to Carlos, they also have really good ice cream sundaes.)
- Fondue (there are a surprising number of French restaurants there...)
- Tapas (...also a lot of Spanish restaurants)
- Pizza
- Baked goods (French and German-owned bakeries -- there are a lot of European expats in Cartagena!)
- Ice cream (it's very hot there, so this will likely be a daily requirement...mwahahaha!)
- Colombian hot chocolate

I can't wait for our vacation!

No comments: