Saturday, July 12, 2008

Food 12 -- Patoux chinois

Last night for dinner, I made patoux chinois (I am not even sure if that's how to spell it -- it's pronounced "pahtoo sheenwah"). This is something that we've always eaten in my family and it is delicious! Patoux is super-easy to make and consists of mashed potatoes mixed with sweet canned corn and cooked ground beef. We also put a little Lawry's seasoning on this and it is great! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera at home with me, but we are having leftovers tonight so maybe I can take my camera home to take some pictures. I always think of family dinners when I eat this and I am pretty sure not a lot of people have heard of this concoction before. Does anyone else have interesting family dishes that always remind them of home?

No comments: