Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Food 22 -- San Jose foods

Today Carlos and I were in San Jose in order to get him re-vaccinated against yellow fever (since this vaccine expires after 10 years). We both need current certification of yellow fever vaccination in order to re-enter Costa Rica from Colombia (since Colombia is an endemic yellow fever area). Everything went surprisingly smooth and we spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and seeing a movie (our favorite thing to do in San Jose!).

As for the food theme today, I ate some McDonalds (yes, bad, but it tastes really good here and was the best cheeseburger I've had for a while!) and I also had a blueberry frozen yoghurt. Since we were near the grocery store, I picked up a couple of snacks: dried Hibiscus petals (for agua de Jamaica juice), gummy bears, chai, and little twist pretzels. One of my favorite snacks is little twist pretzels and ice water. Yea, that sounds really boring but the dry, salty pretzels match really well with cold water! I guess it's pretty healthy! Oh yea, I also like to eat pretzels with cheddar cheese...so much for healthy I guess...

PS. As for the movie -- we saw Batman: The Dark Knight. It was awesome! Heath Ledger's performance was really crazy/scary/interesting and I think this is, so far, my favorite movie of the summer. I know that the X-Files movie comes out soon so maybe I will get to see it while in San Jose (again) the day before our flight to Colombia! This summer has a lot of big movies!

No comments: