Saturday, November 24, 2007

Animal watching

I know I've said it about a million times, but there are so many animals to see here! I get a little complacent sometimes seeing 20 species of beautifully-colored birds each day during lunch but this place is great. I am trying to take my camera everywhere with me (even to the comedor for meals) so that I can take pictures of all the beautiful critters I see on a daily basis. Here are some photos I took yesterday.


The first is of a bird called the Green Honeycreeper (Chlorophanes spiza). It was so hot yesterday that this guy didn't mind me getting close to snap a photo. Carlos and I also found another 3-toed sloth snoozing in a tree really close to the lab clearing. He is actually still there now (I can almost see him from my office window!) and still sleeping. In the picture you can see that one of his back feet isn't even holding onto anything -- it is very tiring being a sloth.

No comments: