Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mega Man

Have you ever played the game Mega Man on the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)? I haven’t played much myself, but I love its sequels Mega Man II and III. Mega Man II was one of my most favorite games on the NES. The plot of the game is pretty neat: A scientist (Dr. Light) has invented robots with artificial intelligence to help humans complete housecleaning, laboratory, and industrial tasks. However, Dr. Light’s assistant (Dr. Wiley) grew jealous of his advisor’s success and reprogrammed most of the robots for the evil purpose of conquering the world. One robot (Mega Man) escaped reprogramming and volunteered to destroy the other robots and prevent Dr. Wiley’s world domination. At first, Mega Man can only shoot little bullets, but as he defeats each boss robot, he acquires that robot’s special powers (e.g. time stopper from Flash Man, leaf shield from Wood Man, bubble lead from Bubble Man). For each game, Mega Man ultimately faces Dr. Wiley and stops him from taking over the world.

The original Mega Man game is infamous for its difficulty, but Mega Man II and III, while hard, were not impossible games to beat (I beat both). There have been many many more titles in the Mega Man series (more than 10 I think!) but I have only played the first three. Ah, the original Nintendo -- here is a little picture I drew of Mega Man shooting from the second game:

No comments: