Thursday, November 08, 2007

Ice cream

I just got back from a short trip to town and while I was there I had some ice cream. Costa Rica can make really good ice cream, but they are missing a lot of good flavors. I usually get ron con frutas (rum with fruits); it tastes nothing like rum and the "fruits" are those little cubed jelly thingies that get put into fruit cakes. It tastes good, but sometimes I miss the more gringo flavors like mint chocolate chip, cookie dough, almond, rocky road, or even the more strange ones that most people never eat (cotton candy, cake batter, pumpkin, root beer). They do make flavors here that I rarely see in the states: guanabana (soursop), cherimoya, pitahaya (dragon fruit) and they are really good!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

the one thing I miss and crave from mexico is guanabana yogurt