Saturday, November 17, 2007

Charla and some rain

This afternoon (about an hour ago) I gave a welcome talk (a bienvenidos charla) to a group of students. The station director put Carlos and me in charge of this whenever she or the normal staff who give these talks are unavailable. This was my first one and it went really well...almost fun! Hehe, the talk was about an hour long and consisted of a pretty basic introduction to La Selva, the forest, programs, and research that go on here. This group of students (undergrads) was from Illinois and they were pretty low-key.

Oh yea, the forest is closed AGAIN! Wow, two floods in almost as many weeks. I am going to get as much writing done in the office that I can before taking the boat home. I think the last one leaves at 6pm. It's a bummer since that means I can't bring my computer home to work more. C'est la vie -- that's what I get for living in a WET forest!

No comments: